HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY 2016
Winchelsea Village Hall is a registered charity
(no. 235174), whose status and origins derive from a Declaration of Trust dated 29 March 1926.
For an old lady in her 90th year our hall is doing wonderfully well.
Management committee members
The Management Committe is elected at an AGM each year
Robert Holland – Chair
Rob Mortimer – Secretary
Rosemarie Roberts – Treasurer
Carol Scoines – Committee Member
Peter Cosstick – Committee Member
Phil Mack – Committee Member
Mike Stoneham – Committee Member
For the community
The hall is run for the benefit of the residents of the Town of Winchelsea. It is known locally as Winchelsea New Hall and has been since it was built.
Our volunteers are an invaluable source of help and expertise, kindly donate time to make the hall efficient, well used, loved and cared for.
The hall is cleaned weekly.
New Windows and double glazing
Sound proofing to soften sound vibration at big events, for the hard of hearing
Designated disabled toilet in an extended cloakroom
Draft proofing and thermal insulation
Reflecting panels above stage
Renew interior Decoration
Four years of achievements
Click on the cross to see the full list
So far the following items have been completed by the New Hall Management Committee in 2016/17/18/19 with help from Grants, sponsors, supporters and the New Hall’s own funds.
- New sound system with hearing loop for use with hearing aids.
- New hot water tea urn.
- A new notice board.
- Electric projector screen fixed.
- Pre-set temperature control being set each week, so the hall is heated two hours prior to usage.
- Renewed lighting to table store.
- Heavy duty lift handles added to the rear stage trap doors to allow access to storage.
- Clearing and cleaning of cloakroom and kitchen.
- New teapots and trays.
- Grab rails added to two toilets – one each in Ladies and Gents.
- The kitchen window facing the cricket field can now be opened.
- New low wattage ceiling lights in main hall to stop a shadow being cast and reduce electricity used.
- Health and Safety risk assessment made with some things put into place immediately: safety rubber cable cover, safety hazard tape at fire escape exits and new fire action signs.
- Wall light added.
- A cupboard has been removed from behind the entrance door to the ladies toilet, to help make it wheelchair accessible.
- Signage for designated disabled parking space, for when the hall is in use.
- Removal of smaller stage table.
- Removal of old curtains in kitchen and cloakroom.
- Bin area improvement.
- Repair of some card tables.
- Removal of unused music organ from back of stage.
- Professional stage light bulb replaced.
- New lighting in the main hall on a dimmer switch
- Repair of emergency doors
- New front door
- New fencing
- Repairs understage
- Repair to guttering
- Relocation of heating pipes which are by the emergency exit doors
- Defibrillator (supported by Icklesham PC)
- Make the disabled ramp flush with the door
- Large fridge
- Grab rails along stairs up to the stage
- New curtains
- Refurbishment of shield above stage
- Protect lighting control in the table store
- Stage curtain lining and pelmet repaired
- New heating system
- Repaired stairs and landings to the stage
- New fire escape door
- New professional kitchen
- New wheelchair accessible ramp onto the deck
- A digital projector
- A storage cupboard for the electric stage piano
- New knockabout badminton and table tennis facilities.
New Hall documents
Health and Safety Policy 2015
Temporary Event Notice Application to Licensing Authority
Trustees Annual Report 2015 - 2016
Risk Assessment 2017
Regulations for the use of the New Hall
Information for Hirers 2016
Guidance for Hall Users